CrossFit is arguably one of the most popular forms of exercise in the world at the moment, and with good reason too (which we will get to shortly); but many people believe it to be too expensive. So, how much does CrossFit cost in Australia?
In this article, we’re going to look at some average costs or prices for CrossFit in Australia, and Perth, for your convenience.
How Much Does CrossFit Cost in Australia?
CrossFit is a highly popular training method and is one of Australia’s most expensive fitness activities. In fact, it costs the average CrossFit enthusiast an average of $3016 per year to take part. That works out to an average of $251 a month…
A regular gym membership on the other-hand can be obtained for roughly $65 a month. So, why the huge difference? Is it really worth paying the extra for CrossFit when you can simply join a gym and workout by yourself?
- Please note that all figures mentioned in this piece are averages – You may find, depending on the CrossFit gym that you choose, that the cost of CrossFit may be higher or lower.
Is CrossFit worth the money (why is CrossFit so expensive)?
The short answer is absolutely yes; CrossFit is worth every penny. But, understandably, you’re going to need a little more convincing than that if you are to pay almost four times as much as a regular gym membership to take part in CrossFit!
Let’s take a quick look at why CrossFit is priced higher than a regular gym:
- CrossFit certifications are more expensive than standard personal training certifications: And the cost of the service must reflect that fact.
- More square footage per person is required for a CrossFit gym: You need plenty of space to engage in CrossFit activities / additional floor-space for barbells, ropes, box jumps, rowers, etc.
- More bang for your buck: At a regular gym, you won’t be getting programming, coaches, community or encouragement. Certainly, you can upgrade a standard gym membership and hire a personal trainer, which is when the cost of CrossFit starts looking more realistic.
- CrossFit is all about training: You exercise at a gym, but with CrossFit, you train! There are clear goals laid out before you and you’ll be guided by professional CrossFit trainers who will back and encourage you every step of the way.
We want to put extra emphasis on community. You see, when you apply for a standard gym membership, you are very much left to your own devices. Unless you are experienced and used to regular and consistent exercise, working out by yourself can be tough. We are our own worst enemies in that when working out alone, we almost always give up way before breaking point!
However, when working out in a community environment, with other people in the same position as you, sweating it out and training hard, you push each other to new heights. This is one of the most crucial benefits of CrossFit! The real results come when you are working out harder than you ever possibly could by yourself.
So, if you are looking for a true sense of community, comradery, and a proverbial “kick up the ass”, then CrossFit is almost certainly worth the money!
What Are the Average Prices for CrossFit in Australia?
Again, it’s important to remember that the prices we are looking at today are only averages. You can indeed find cheaper CrossFit gyms if you look hard enough. For example, there are some CrossFit gyms where you could get membership for as little as $30 a week. However, you should take the time to research what is included when you come across a deal that seems too good to be true, for example:
- How many sessions per week does it buy you?
- Will you have coaching / after-care / diet support included?
- What condition is the equipment and facilities in?
- How big is the space in question?
- Is the gym conveniently located?
- Are the trainers fully licenced and certified as CrossFit specialists?
- How big a group will you be in? (cheaper CrossFit gyms need to make up the extra money by pumping up those group numbers significantly)
Be careful before you rush in and make any commitments. And remember that when it comes to CrossFit, as with anything else, cheaper doesn’t necessarily mean better!
How Much Does CrossFit Cost in Perth?
So, how much does CrossFit cost in Perth, on average? You could be looking at anywhere between $29 and $100 a week for CrossFit in Perth (depending on the factors mentioned above). The average is somewhere in the region of $60 per week, or $240 per month.
Again, take your time and shop around; you’ll be certain to find the perfect spot for you!
How much does CrossFit Norsemen in Perth cost?
Anyway, enough of these averages. Let’s get straight to the facts!
At CrossFit Norsemen in Perth, you can acquire unlimited membership for just $55 per week ($220 per month – $31 cheaper than the national average).
- At $55 a week for unlimited membership, we’re the best value CrossFit gym north of the river
- First responders and military personal can enjoy a 10% discount on top
Here’s what you get:
- 300m2 purpose-built CrossFit space (aka “The Box)
State-of-the-art equipment and facilities
- Unlimited access to ALL classes
- Nutrition plans
- Professional and approachable coaching
- The opportunity to join our amazing community
When you look at the average cost of CrossFit, at glance it does seem to be rather expensive. However, once you break down everything that is involved, particularly when compared to a standard gym membership, it all makes perfect sense.
And as the months go by and you start to really notice the physical change in both your appearance and performance, you’ll soon understand the fact that, all things considered, CrossFit is rather cheap!
UNDECIDED? Claim your FREE CrossFit trial and see if we’re a good fit for you!
Alternatively, if you’d like some more information about CrossFit Norsemen, our facilities and classes, then please do not hesitate to contact us today.
We hope to welcome you through our doors soon!